November 6, 2017
SEATTLE, WA - November 7, 2017 - Today, Accolade announced an expansion of its relationship with Lowe's to further improve and simplify the company's employee benefit offering, nearly doubling the number of Lowe's members under Accolade's care. Beginning in 2018, Accolade will become the first point of benefits support for Lowe's employees and their families, addressing questions and needs ranging from benefits and bills to navigation of Lowe's cutting-edge benefits ecosystem.
In a landscape of rising health costs, Accolade has a proven model for reducing the complexity and expense of healthcare by empowering individuals and organizations to make better decisions and utilize healthcare more appropriately and efficiently.
“Lowe's is focused on delivering a personalized, omni-channel experience for our customers to make shopping for the home easier and more enjoyable. We also want to deliver the same ease of experience and level of ease when it comes to our employees' medical care,” said Gregor Teusch, Lowe's Vice President of Total Rewards. “Accolade enables us to deliver on this promise to employees with its sophisticated engagement strategy, deep clinical team and advanced technology platform. Through this expanded partnership, we anticipate more effective and satisfying use of our benefits programs by employees and their families.”
Integrating and Simplifying Lowe's Complete Health Benefits Solution
As the first point of health benefits support for Lowe's employees and dependents, Accolade simplifies access and use of Lowe's health management programs. Supported by intelligent technology, Accolade Health Assistants and Registered Nurses understand how each member can benefit from Lowe's programs - including value-based price transparency advice, telemedicine, expert second opinion, pre-diabetic weight loss solutions, no-cost diabetic support, onsite clinics, maternity programs, mobile screening units and a nationally recognized Centers of Excellence program for heart, knee, hip and spine conditions. Additionally, Accolade provides Lowe's its NCQA-accredited Care Management program while also integrating with healthcare providers and Lowe's health plans.
“One of the great joys of our work is hearing that Accolade is improving the health and lives of Lowe's families, and we're thrilled to expand what we do across the Lowe's employee and dependent population,” said Rob Cavanaugh, President of Accolade. “The combination of personalized healthcare navigation and an intelligent platform that integrates with Lowe's health plans and other health programs is what's needed today to move the bar on engagement, satisfaction and costs. We're honored to grow our partnership with Lowe's.”
The Lowe's Employee Experience with Accolade
Accolade receives more than 500 inspiring comments every month from members about their experience with Accolade. Recent comments from Lowe's employees include:
- “This is a wonderful, personalized service! They searched for two tests I needed, and found that I could save close to $500 by getting these tests done locally versus going to a big hospital.”
- “There is no way I could have navigated through the paper work when I was ill without the assistance of Accolade. Please express my appreciation to all staff who assisted them and me in this life-changing time in my life.”
- “They have been a great help to me as I am going through my second bout of cancer. They are always there to help and answer all my questions and go to bat for [me] on insurance claims.”
- “You are all very sensitive to my needs. It is great to know while we are dealing with a large and complicated health care system, you are there for us.”
- “The staff is so nice and helpful, they do not rush you off the phone, they call back to check on you and get reports from the doctor. It's just reassuring to be able to talk to a nurse to ease your mind until you can get to a doctor if need be.”
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.