Why employers need a comprehensive approach to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, your HR team has mobilized to help employees stay healthy at home, adjust to a virtual workplace, and know what to do if they experience symptoms. You may have waived co-pays for COVID-19 testing, provided home delivery of medications, and offered telemedicine services to address the direct impact of COVID-19 on your employees and their families.
These are critical measures, but there are indirect impacts of COVID-19 that also present risks to your workforce:
- People may be afraid to go to the doctor for any medical need as a result of the epidemic.
- Members could face difficulty accessing primary or chronic care.
- The disruption, uncertainty and stress of the times puts the emotional health of your people at risk.
Join Accolade Chief Medical Officer Shantanu Nundy, MD, for a discussion about the “second hit” of COVID-19, what it means for your organization, and what you can do about it.
- Dr. Shantanu Nundy, MD, MBA Chief Medical Officer, Accolade (speaker)
- Lynn Gresham: Former Editor-in-Chief, Employee Benefit News (moderator)